This month we planned a full schedule of events, concerts, theatrical plays,’ Mish Zabta’ performances and visits, but due to the recent outbreak of violence, all was cancelled. The current situation is very saddening with too many young lives taken. Out of respect for the martyrs, most events in the country are cancelled. But we continue with our struggle, which is also a struggle for the right to happiness, for the right to continue a dignified life and especially for the right to continue with the vital education of our young generations. So we continue to train all our students on a weekly basis.
We take this opportunity to share with you our pride of our accomplishments and the continuing development of our educational program.
Where in 2006, all started with the first 10 students, this year we started with 325 students between the ages of 6 and 56! years old in 17 weekly circus clubs. Since last year, we have started admitting children from 7 years old to the trainings, allowing them to taste circus form younger ages and filling our house with many small children. Next to that, we also started working last year with children and youth from the Star Mountain centre for people with mental disabilities. This year we expanded the program with a group from the Palestinian Medical Relief Society and Al Nahda association. In our ongoing endeavours for a more inclusive society, we are very happy to have them join our circus family and inject them with the circus virus.
And all this is currently being run by our wonderful team of 6 full time and 2 part time local trainers and a Swiss volunteer trainer.
In our Outreach Program
- Girls Rehabilitation Center in Jenin (39 girls - 13 to 20 years old)
- Yalla Nela'ab in Al Faraa (51 students; 46 boys and 5 girls- 7 to 12 years old)
- Preparatory Group in Al Faraa (10 male students - 14 to 22 years old)
- Yalla Nela'ab in Jenin (17 students; 14 boys and 3 girls- 7 to 12 years old)
- Preparatory Group in Jenin (8 male students- 12 to 23 years old)
- Star Mountains in Birzeit (10 students; 5 boys and 5 girls- 8 to 21 years old)
- Medical Relief Center (8 students; 2 boys and 6 girls - 20 to 35 years old)
- Al Nahda Association (10 students; 7 boys and 3 girls)
- Al Jalazone Refugee Camp (40 students; 10 boys and 30 girls- 7 to 12 years old)
- Yalla Nila'ab 1+2 in Ramallah (23 students; 13 boys and 9 girls - 6 to 10 years old)
- Moon 1+2 Ramallah (19 students; 10 boys and 9 girls-11 to 27 years old)
- Multi (21 students; 15 boys and 6 girls - 10 to 58 years old)
- Preparatory group (12 students; 11 boys and 1 girl - 14 to 22 years oldl)
- Moon 1+2 (26 students; 20 boys and 12 girls - 8 to 29 years old)
- Yalla Nil'ab 1+2 (33 students; 12 boys and 21 girls - 7 to 11 years old)
Introduction to inclusive circus work with Zentrum Fur Bewegte Kunst (ZBK) from Germany:
ZBK’s leaders came for one week to PCS, to introduce us in their year-long work with children and people with mental challenges. It marks the beginning of a very interesting future cooperation that we hope to develop with them. The idea is in developing a specific curriculum for our trainers in inclusive circus pedagogics.
It was a great experience for PCS and its trainers. We look forward to the future and we’ll keep you posted