VOLUNTEERS (Circus Trainers, Circus Artists, Administrative)
• INTERNATIONALS VOLUNTEERS
INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEERING PROGRAM FOR INTERNATIONAL CIRCUS ARTISTS/ TRAINERS/ADMINSTRATIVE
Since its first days, PCS has worked together with and welcomed many international circus people, individuals and schools. It believes in the strong added value of international and intercultural cooperation and discovery for a whole set of reasons. All former international cooperation has played a major role in the advancement of our artistic, social and pedagogical work. As Palestinians being many times still very isolated from the world through the many travel restrictions, bringing people to Palestine allows Palestinians to meet and interact with new cultures. We also strongly believe in the mutual exchange of ideas and approaches to enrich each other and to offer internationals a taste of the Palestinian culture and its own way of developing social and contemporary circus.
Eligibility to apply for a volunteering position at the PCS:
• Be minimum 18 years old (Above 18 years old)
• Be a circus artist or a circus teacher
• Have experience or a strong interest in working in social circus with vulnerable children/youth
• Be ready to listen and learn about the conditions in which children and youth grow up in Palestine and the role social circus plays here
• Be very receptive to the cultural traditions in the country and be ready to adapt to them where needed and asked by the PCS. PCS developed a child protection policy which all volunteers should abide by. Upon applying we will send you our cultural guidelines.
• Abide by all policies of the Palestinian Circus School. PCS follows the BDS movement
• Be open to share and work with all students from all different backgrounds
• Have a specific circus technical skill or artistic experience to offer
• Give a minimum of 16 hours of training per week.
•Fill out the application form
• Be ready to have your experiences shared on our website and Facebook page (stories, pictures)
• Any former experience with volunteering or working in a social circus is a strong asset
The volunteering program should last minimum 3 months and maximum 1 year.
How to apply?
• Please fill out the online application form
• For any additional questions about our work before applying, you can mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can expect an answer from us on your application within 3 weeks.
We look forward reading your applications and welcoming you at the circus!!!!